An arcade of educational and entertaining games, quizzes,
and interactive resources.
- Family Fun Page
- See the interactive "Family Fun Page" in the current issue of Scouting magazine.
- An archive
of "Family Fun Pages" from previous editions is also available.
- Say It With Semaphores
- Before the development of telephones and two-way radios, the semaphore
code was used to communicate over long distances. Sailors relied upon
the semaphore code (and the Morse code) to pass information between
ships at sea. Semaphore requires two flags. Send messages by snapping
the flags into the positions that indicate the letters of the alphabet.
- Moving Safely Across America
- Boy Scouts of America is grateful to the Federal Highway Administration,
U.S. Department of Transportation, for providing Moving Safely Across
America, the interactive highway safety experience.
- Name That Merit Badge!
- The merit badge program is one of Scouting's basic character-building tools.
Instruction is offered in everything from animal science and public speaking
to swimming and communications, providing a young man with invaluable career,
physical, and interpersonal skills.
- Do You Know the State Flags?
- By the way, they're not all as easy as Arkansas!
- The Morse Code Translator
- This code of dots and dashes was invented by Samuel Morse in 1835
for use with telegraphs. Use it to send messages with a light (a
flashlight or mirror reflecting the sun), with sound (whistle or
buzzer), with a ham radio, or with a single flag. Swing the flag to the
right for a dot, the left for a dash.
- Famous Sayings
- Many Americans are known by their deeds. Others are remembered
not only for what they did, but also for what they said. Our
national heritage is enriched by their sayings. Here are a few.
Find out the background of those who said them.
- Scout Tips
- Want to learn the skills that are used outdoors? Scouts know how
to find their way with a map and compass, to stay warm and dry in
stormy weather, and to give proper first aid. They observe wildlife
up close and study nature all around them. There are plenty of
important Scouting skills for you to master.
- What Knot Would You Use?
Knot tying is a lot of fun, but there is also a serious side to it.
Tying the right knot at the right time will make your outdoor
adventures safer and easier. Someday a knot you tie may even save
- Weather Sign Quiz
- Through the ages, people have used sayings as a way of passing on
their weather knowledge. These weather sayings are very old. You
will be surprised how often they foretell the weather. How many
do you know?